kernel module

Faheem Mitha faheem at email.unc.edu
Sun Sep 24 19:42:23 CEST 2000

Dear Arla-drinkers,

I tried changing the line in startarla from
#insmod $BINDIR/xfs.o to insmod xfs. Now the startarla script executes
successfully. However, when I cd to afs and try some commands I get

root /afs>
Message from syslogd at Chrestomanci at Sun Sep 24 13:32:06 2000 ...
Chrestomanci kernel: xfs_readdir: data not valid: -4

When I try again it works, sort of

root /afs>ls
@cell            eos              ncsa.uiuc.edu    transarc.com
bp               eos.ncsu.edu     nd.edu           unity
bp.ncsu.edu      isis             physics          unity.ncsu.edu
cs               isis.unc.edu     physics.unc.edu
cs.unc.edu       ncsa             transarc

but then I get

root /afs>cd isis.unc.edu
bash: cd: isis.unc.edu: Interrupted system call

Whst is going on? Should I switch back to the `stable' 34.3 version?

Sorry about this string of messages.

                          Best regards, Faheem Mitha.