samba compile prob.

Tom Vaughan tom at vaughan.to
Mon Sep 4 20:19:17 CEST 2000

Hans Insulander <hin at stacken.kth.se> writes:

> Tom Vaughan <tom at vaughan.to> writes:
>
> > Hans Insulander <hin at stacken.kth.se> writes:
> >
> > > Libkafs is not dependant on AFS headers and libraries and detects AFS
> > > at runtime, and that's why i think it works better. For example, you can
> > > use the same Samba binaries on a system without AFS as on a system with AFS.
> >
> > OK. Cool. Krb4 auth works great. But, I cannot read and write files within
> > the AFS cells. An uneducated guess tells me that the samba server is
> > not obtaining a ticket that would give it proper access to the AFS cell.
> >
> > All I did was compile samba --with-krb4, and these are my configs:
> >
> > nutrimatic# cat krb.conf
> > JPL.NASA.GOV
> > nutrimatic# cat krb.realms
> > .JPL.NASA.GOV JPL.NASA.GOV
> > nutrimatic# cat smb.conf
> > [global]
> >         security = user
> >         encrypt passwords = no
> >         ; debug level = 99
> >
> > [CEEGROUP]
> >         path = /afs/jpl/group/ceegroup
> >         writable = yes
> >
> > Have I missed something obvious? Thanks.
>
> I don't know. Last time i tried, it worked. (That was about a year or two
> ago)
>
> Does it say anything strange in the logfile?

Not that I can tell. I have a logfile with a debug level set to 99, and
there is very little there about what happens during authentication, and a
few open() calls that simply fail for lack of permissions.

> Look in the Samba password verification code and make sure something
> like this is run somewhere:
>
> if(k_hasafs()) {
>         k_setpag();
>         krb_afslog(...);
> }

Uh oh.

nutrimatic# pwd
/exhome/tvaughan/local/src/samba-2.0.7/source
nutrimatic# find . -name "*.[ch]" -print | xargs grep -n k_hasafs
nutrimatic# find . -name "*.[ch]" -print | xargs grep -n k_setpag
nutrimatic#

> What version of Samba are you running?

samba 2.0.7
krb4 1.0.4