Out of space

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Tue Oct 31 01:33:32 CET 2000

"Stephen Adler" <adler at bnl.gov> writes:

> Oct 30 11:18:21 phyppro5 arla[980]: Out of space, couldn't get needed bytes
> after cleaner (598750 bytes missing, 100791962 used, 104857600 highbytes)
>
> I'm getting the following message in my /var/log/message file. Can
> someone direct me to what config file I need to tweek in order to give
> arla the needed extra space? Thanks. Steve.

You change `low_bytes' and `high_bytes' in /usr/arla/etc/arla.conf for
permanent change.

The cleaner thread will always work toward to have low_bytes in the
cache. There will exist at most at any point high_bytes in the cache.

For more information about the cleaner read arla/fcache.c:cleaner()

The general idea is:

  while we need to more space || over low bytes:
     find all nodes that are unused by xfs and clean then
     wait
     run over all nodes and ask xfs to return the nodes
     run over all nodes one more time and see it we got them \
        back from xfs
     give up
  wake up the waiting threads and tell them the good/bad news

The give up part should probably be some what improved. But it should be
good enough for now.