AFS workshop at LISA 2000

Esther Filderman ecf at psc.edu
Mon Oct 16 23:42:09 CEST 2000

Derrick Brashear (of CMU), Ted McCabe (of MIT) and I would like to
invite you to participate in a one-day AFS workshop at LISA 2000. The
LISA 2000 conference will be held December 3-8, 2000, in New Orleans.
The workshop itself will be held on Tuesday, December 5th.

The workshop is designed to be a forum for education and information.
We would like all potential participants to submit one or both of:

 - a short paper addressing topics they consider important to the
present and/or future of AFS and/or Arla

 - an abstract for a short paper (15-20 minutes) to be presented on
work done or in progress relating to AFS or Arla

All participants should be prepared to actively discuss a variety of
AFS and Arla related topics, but should also be aware that every topic
raised by potential participants may not be covered.  We ask that very
specific complaints or problems be held until the AFS Birds-of-Feather
session, as yet unscheduled but likely to be held later that evening
(for that All-Day-of-AFS feeling).

At this time we are expecting people from Transarc as well as Arla
development folk to come participate.

Submissions and questions may be addressed to:
afs-workshop at usenix.org.

LISA is considered *the* conference for Systems Administrators. It is
run by SAGE, a subdivision of Usenix. Info about LISA 2000 is
available at http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa2000/

Esther Filderman
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center

p.s. Due to scheduling difficulties, there will be no AFS tutorial
this year.