OpenAFS release

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Thu Nov 2 01:08:14 CET 2000

Scott Stonefield <srs at sas.com> writes:

>     Gerald> OpenAFS source code has been released:
>     Gerald> http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/afs/index.html
>
> Ok so I saw this on /. and I was wondering what the differance between
> OpenAFS and AFS that we have a license to run?

You should probably take this up with the OpenAFS people, go see
www.central.org.

As I understand it, it doesn't build w/o some minor tweeking, and there is
some missing parts. The classical bsd vfsck is included, but not diffrent
fscks that was based on the diffrent OS's fsck.

Again, the openafs people probably knows a better answer then me.