installing arla on FreeBSD

Mitch Collinsworth mitch at ccmr.cornell.edu
Wed Nov 1 15:19:35 CET 2000

Thanks for the clue.  It's working now!  I don't know why arlad -t is
in the INSTALLATION instructions, especially since it fails, but
skipping it and running startarla just works.  After that klog didn't
work the first try, but from the FAQ I divined that perhaps I need to
create /etc/krb.conf and that solved that.

My apologies for not including all the relevant data in the first
request.  What can I say?  I know better than that.  It was late.  :-)

Anyhow this is exciting.  Version lag and unsupported OSes have been a
perennial complaint with Transarc AFS.

-Mitch