arlad segfaults : arla-0.33-pre2 on Linux 2.3.99-pre6

Helge MEINHARD, CERN-EP Helge.Meinhard at cern.ch
Sat May 6 23:30:34 CEST 2000

Assar,

> [...]
>
> This is the problem.  I think this is telling us that we do locking
> related to the dcache wrong.
>
> Can you try appending the following patch?  Some more investigation
> and testing is probably needed to figure when and how this should be
> done, but this is probably a start.
thanks for the very fast feedback - my compliments, it worked! I've done a
few tests on my own which all worked fine; the most of ./run-tests -fast
-all were okay, too ("Failed test(s) were:  checkpwd compare-inums
compare-inum-mp"). I'll be abroad for a good week from tomorrow on, and
will look into the remaining problems once I'm back.

Thanks again, cheers,

Helge

    Helge MEINHARD        CERN, EP division, CH-1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland
                          Phone: +41 22 76-76031, Fax: +41 22 76-73100
                          E-mail: Helge.Meinhard at cern.ch