Compiling Arla on BSD/sparc

Robert P Ricci ricci at eng.utah.edu
Sat May 6 00:02:28 CEST 2000

Has anyone been able to get Arla compling on {Open,Net}BSD/sparc ? On
both, configure fails, complaining about not being able to find the
vget function. The config.log file contains the following:

configure:9550: checking if vget takes three arguments
configure:9574: gcc -c -g  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wbad-function-cast -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs
-D_KERNEL -D_LKM -DUVM -I/sys -I/sys/arch  conftest.c 1>&5
In file included from /usr/include/machine/param.h:59,
                 from /usr/include/sys/param.h:141,
                 from configure:9564:
/usr/include/machine/cpu.h:65: sparc/sparc/intreg.h: No such file or
directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 9558 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#ifdef HAVE_SYS_CDEFS_H
#include <sys/cdefs.h>
#endif
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/param.h>
#include <sys/time.h>
#include <sys/uio.h>
#include <sys/vnode.h>

int main() {
vget(0, 0, 0)
; return 0; }

Looks to me like a problem with header files for the Sparc port
of both of these OSes (OpenBSD 2.6 and NetBSD 1.4.2). Just curious
to know if anyone knows of a workaround.

Thanks.

--