arlad dumps core on NetBSD-1.4.2/i386

Dr. Lex Wennmacher wennmach at geo.Uni-Koeln.DE
Tue May 2 18:53:09 CEST 2000

On May 1,  7:35am, Assar Westerlund wrote:
> Thanks for your report.  We've managed to track this down to a bug in
> libc on NetBSD 1.4.2.  The fix for that (from the NetBSD tree) is
> appended below.  You'll need to rebuild your libc after applying it.
> You might be more interested in the work-around, which is to build
> arlad (and the other related programs) static.  Just do:
> CC='cc-static' configure or apply the fix that we've added to the arla
> tree, also included below.  After applying that, you need to re-create
> configure by running `sh HACKING' (which needs automake and autoconf).

Hi Assar,

thanks very much for tracking down this bug. I fixed my libc (I'd want other
programs to be able to use syscall() from within shared libraries, too, rather
than curing the symptoms) and arla works fine now.

Lex Wennmacher