What is needed to make a Transarc-compatible kpasswd?

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Wed Mar 29 22:54:05 CEST 2000

sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]) writes:
> Hi there,

Hello.

> I'm interested in working on a kpasswd replacement which works with
> rx.  I have to admit I have done very little Kerberos, and no rx
> hacking.  Can anyone suggest good starting places wrt. API
> documentation and code?

I assume that you mean one that talks to a ka-server?

The relevant part of the AFS protocol specification is probably
ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/arla/prog-afs/doc/asrv-ispec.dvi (you
might also want to look around that directory some).

And then the rxdef/ka.xg that documents our believe of how this
actually works.  The documentation is somewhat old and can have slid
somewhat backwards in time.

And then I think that the `pts' et al programs in appl and klog are
good starting points for seeing how rx/rxkad and that stuff works.

It looks you should simple be able to use the ChangePassword RPC.

/assar