arla , krb and ntp

Camelia Botez camelia at wicc.weizmann.ac.il
Tue Mar 28 15:38:10 CEST 2000

I installed in PC-linux farm arla , kerberos and ntp.
All three of them run and I get /afs filesystems for cern.ch , rhic and
desy.de.
But I still have problems with klog for users.
If in ThisCell is written cern.ch I get klog only for cern.ch .
If I chenge and I write in ThisCell desy.de I get klog for desy.de users
and I don't get for the others and the same with rhic.
What shall I writte to get klog for all my users into cern.ch desy.de and
rhic on the same computer ?

The second question is :
if one user has a ticket on one computer to cern.ch (for ex) and submittes
a job using LSF or PVM ( that looks for available computer that can be
different from the one with afs ticket) , how this user can take files
from afs without doing klog on the second computer on which LSF runs his
job.

The third question is what happens if the time for a job exeedes the time
of the ticket ?

Thank you

Camelia Botez

System Administrator
Weizmann Institute of Science - Physics Faculty
E-mail
camelia.botez at weizmann.ac.il
Phone 972-8-9343288
Fax   972-8-9344106 or 972-8-9344102