getting tokens for a remote cell

Willi Langenberger wlang at wu-wien.ac.at
Thu Mar 16 08:50:33 CET 2000

According to Love:
> > The reason, why KRBTKFILE had a wrong value, was a call to "pagsh"
> > (from krb-1.0). This sets this environment variable, but deletes the
> > ticket file:
>
> You want it to be set to something that doesn't exist, that it the whole
> point of pagsh.

You're right. This was only my first (wrong) interpretation due to the
lack of deeper understanding...

But the point was: without the latest patch from Chris Wing, klog
won't get a token if "KRBTKFILE" is set to something that doesn't
exist (like it is after a call to "pagsh").

This is because "klog" sets the name for the ticketfile it uses with
"krb_set_tkt_string", and this is *not* honored inside "krb_afslog_uid"
as long as "KRBTKFILE" is set. But this is fixed by Chis Wing's latest
patch (by setting also "KRBTKFILE" when "krb_set_tkt_string" is called).

I'm wondering, why you can't reproduce this behaviour, though.

Thanks,

\wlang{}

--
Willi.Langenberger at wu-wien.ac.at                 Fax: +43/1/31336/702
Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste, Wirtschaftsuniversitaet Wien, Austria