getting tokens for a remote cell

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Wed Mar 15 10:54:35 CET 2000

I've been using arla successfully in my own AFS cell for some
time, but I have had difficulty with other cells, which I have
had brought home to me recently by a question from a friend
who is having similar difficulties.

I have the correct information in /etc/krb.conf and in
/etc/krb.realms.  But klog with Chris Wing's patches gives me
this:

     klog: Unable to authenticate to Kerberos: Principal expired (kerberos)

Incidentally, this problem still affects klog in the local cell
occasionally.  It can normally be solved by running kinit or kauth
first.  But neither works with the remote cell.  Kinit fails with:

     kinit: Can't send request (send_to_kdc)

and kauth fails with:

     kauth: Principal expired (kerberos)

In the light of a recent remark of my own, let me say that I am
using arla 0.32, KTH krb4 1.0, linux 2.2.14, gcc 2.95.2, and
glibc 2.1.3.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk