question on AFS authentication..

Christopher Allen Wing wingc at engin.umich.edu
Wed Mar 15 02:13:23 CET 2000

Sri:

Assuming that the name of your realm is the same as your AFS cell (except
that the realm is capitalized), you'll want to set up your configuration
files as follows:

in /usr/arla/etc/CellServDB:

>your.cell.name		# Sri Ramkrishna's AFS cell
www.xxx.yyy.zzz			#first afs vldb server IP address
www.xxx.yyy.zzz			#second afs vldb server IP address
www.xxx.yyy.zzz			#third afs vldb server IP address

(replacing www.xxx.yyy.zzz with the IP addresses of the servers for your
cell)

in /etc/krb.conf:

YOUR.CELL.NAME
YOUR.CELL.NAME first.server.domain.name admin server
YOUR.CELL.NAME second.server.domain.name admin server
YOUR.CELL.NAME third.server.domain.name admin server

(replace 'first.server.domain.name', etc, with the actual names)

It may be necessary to add the following entry in /etc/krb.realms for
things to work right with kth-krb:

.server.domain.name	YOUR.CELL.NAME

(where .server.domain.name is the domain that your servers are in)

-Chris Wing
wingc at engin.umich.edu