afs

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Sun Mar 12 19:37:11 CET 2000

Camelia Botez <camelia at wicc.weizmann.ac.il> writes:
> Message from syslogd at camelia-pc at Sun Mar 12 15:31
> camelia-pc kernel: XFS Pnic :xfs_mesage_invalidnode didn't find node!
> (1.536870913.10.6) and the numbers .10.6 are changing to each message :
> .58.9804 or .20.9793
>
> What this message means and how can I fix it?

This is rather a rather benign warning message.  I think the text is
a bit too alarming.  This message is caused by arlad thinking that a
particular file is installed in the kernel when this is actually not
the case.  In a few cases this is caused by bugs that cause the
information on what nodes are installed to be wrong and a few cases
are races and hard to do anything about.

If it was the other way around, that arlad had lost track of a node
installed in the kernel, then that would be bad because then the
kernel cause continue using a stale node.  But this case should not
case any bad effects.

If you see any particular correlation between these and when you
perform specific operations, do tell us and we will try to see if
there is any particular problem that we have overlooked.  We might try
to remove some of these warnings in future code or only print them
when it has happened a large number of times.

I hope this explanation was useful.

/assar