XFS_SHARED_LIBS

Erik Bågfors bagfors at pdc.kth.se
Wed Mar 8 16:56:29 CET 2000

On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 04:45:14PM +0100, Assar Westerlund wrote:
> "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery at kf8nh.apk.net> writes:
> > It was a glibc2.0 + kernel 2.2 issue.
>
> Yes.  Is there any distribution that ships with that combination?  Or
> should we just say that we luckily don't need getcwd.so any longer
> and remove it?

One good thing about having it is that some non-free application, that only
come as binaries, still uses libc5 and then it chokes without getcwd.so.  One
example is acroread (of cource there are alternatives to that software)

/Erik

--
Erik Bågfors               | Center for Parallel Computers
http://erik.bagfors.nu/    | http://www.pdc.kth.se/
erik at bagfors.nu            | bagfors at pdc.kth.se
Supporter of free software | GSM +46 70 398 54 43