arla on linux >= 2.3.99?

Paul Grayson pdg at mit.edu
Fri Jun 23 04:35:00 CEST 2000

Hi, has anyone successfully gotten arla to run under linux kernel
2.3.99 or higher?  I'm using 2.3.99-pre5.  When I try the 0.33.1
distribution from the website, I have to fix a bunch of compilation
errors, mostly (I think) due to my Kerberos version (krb4-1.0.1), and
due to incompatibility with the kernel.  The first error/warning blob
that comes up, if you're curious, is as follows:

xfs_inodeops.c:213: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
xfs_inodeops.c:215: unknown field `sync_page' specified in initializer
xfs_inodeops.c:215: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
xfs_inodeops.c:216: field `prepare_write' already initialized
xfs_inodeops.c:217: field `commit_write' already initialized
xfs_inodeops.c:217: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
xfs_inodeops.c:218: field `bmap' already initialized
xfs_inodeops.c:218: warning: excess elements in struct initializer after `xfs_aops'

Anyway, it eventually compiles, but gives the "dentry_open: unresolved
symbol" error when loading the xfs module.

So, I looked at the archive, and found a similar post a while back ---
someone had posted a snapshot, arla-ab, which compiled cleanly for me,
but failed on an assertion:

arlad: fcache.c:867: unlink_lru_entry: Assertion `!listemptyp (lrulist)' failed.

If I remove the assertion, it pretends to work --- cd seems to work
perfectly, but I can't get a listing of the files in any AFS
directory.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
-Paul