Some patches

Adrian Bridgett adrian.bridgett at iname.com
Fri Jun 16 18:59:09 CEST 2000

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 18:47:37 +0200 (+0000), Assar Westerlund wrote:
> Adrian Bridgett <adrian.bridgett at iname.com> writes:
> > Yep.  I did a Debian-wide search and the only package it was in was:
> >
> > Package: comerr-dev
> >  libcomerr is an attempt to present a common error-handling mechanism to
> >  manipulate the most common form of error code in a fashion that does not
> >  have the problems identified with mechanisms commonly in use.
> >
> > ...and that installs it in /usr/include/et/com_err.h.
>
> I'm confused.  You do have krb4 installed, right?  Doesn't that
> include a com_err.h (and corresponding library)?

I'll double check but a search on the debian site only turned up one page.
The only kerberos packages I have are:

ii  kerberos4kth-d 1.0-2          Static libraries, header files for compiling
ii  kerberos4kth1  1.0-2          Shared libraries for kerberos security syste

which were from ftp://ftp.pdc.kth.se/pub/krypto/krb/src.

The Debian package doesn't have com_err.h in it - should it?  Hmm -
README.Debian says:

--snip--
I've decided to try to use the existing com_err library shipped with Debian as
part of the ext2fs packages. To accomplish this requires building with the KTH
compile_et and include files, but linking against the ext2fs library. In
theory this isn't guaranteed to work, but in practice it seems to work ok, and
anything else fails.
--snip--

"This isn't guaranteed to work" doesn't exactly inspire confidence - do you
know what errors I'd see if things were wrong (it seems okay - it compiles
and runs).

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett at iname.com
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-   because I'm allergic to Prozac   -*-  www.debian.org