arla on FreeBSD 4.0 + Linuxulator anyone?

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Sat Jun 10 12:14:07 CEST 2000

Robert P Ricci <ricci at eng.utah.edu> writes:
> On FreeBSD 3.4, I'm able to get directory listing with WordPerfect
> for Linux, but unable to save or open files. I think I've managed
> to use Acrobat for Linux on my FreeBSD 4.0 machine at work before.

I haven't tried WordPerfect, but Acrobat seems to work fine for me
(including opening files), and even more complicated stuff like linux
ls, touch and so on.

Linux ls seems to duplicate directories sometimes, but I think that
should be blamed on the on FreeBSD or the Linux-emulation.

> I haven't tried it with the latest version of arla, though. I'll
> let you know when I get a chance to test it again.

Please do tell us what does not work with all available details.
Everything should basically just work, since the linux emulation layer
takes place before accessing files and such.  Getting linux pioctl()
to work would take a little bit more work, but apart from sorting out
weird details, I don't think it's really hard either.

/assar