Small bug in arla

Robert P Ricci ricci at eng.utah.edu
Fri Jun 9 19:22:28 CEST 2000

I stumbled across a small bug in fcache.c this morning - arlad core
dumped on me, at fcache.c line 3667, shown below:

static int
find_volume (const char *volname, int32_t cell,
    	     CredCacheEntry *ce, char mount_symbol, int parent_type,
    	     u_int32_t *volid, VolCacheEntry **ve)
{

    if (this_type == ROVOL) {
    	assert ((*ve)->entry.flags & VLF_ROEXISTS);  <----- *Here*
    	result_type = ROVOL;
    } else if (this_type == BACKVOL && parent_type == BACKVOL) {

Turns out this was caused because we had a volume that, through some
operator error, had only a backup volume - no RW or RO. Though this is
obviously not a normal case, maybe this case should just spit out a
debugging message, and return ENOENT.

--