problems to compile arla on NetBSD m68k

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Sun Jul 23 23:38:24 CEST 2000

Yes, the core of lwp is written in assembler. However, it looks like
the as that you have installed on your m68k machine does not seem to
recognize the m68k assembler in process.m68k.S because it gives an
error for each m68k typical instruction that it encounters. I suspect
your as command to have chosen the wrong architecture (are you by
chance cross compiling?)

Unfortunately for you, all m68k boxes around here have retired,
so I can't have a look at the m68k specifics of NetBSD.

Other things to try: Install the devel/mit-pthread package and
configure arla with --with-pthreads instead of using lwp. Probably
the mit-pthread package uses assembler, so maybee that will
fix your problem, maybee not.

Viel Glück,
Harald.