Porting Arla to Linux/390

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Sat Jul 22 08:19:00 CEST 2000

maydin at us.ibm.com writes:
> Hello everyone,

Hi there.

> I am working at IBM in porting Arla to Linux/390.  When I try make, I get
> the message that process.o was not found or created.

> I need to write one for the S390 architechture and these files are
> all in assembly language.  I have not found any documentation about
> what the process.S file does, so I would appreciate if someone would
> explain in words, what the functions in process.S do.

Apart from the replies that you have gotten here, there's a little bit
of documentation in lwp_asm.c around line 200.  I'm sorry to say that
none of us have any experience writing S/390 assembler, but if you can
give us a good references to that we might be able to help you more.

The other option is using pthreads instead of porting lwp to the
S/390.  Try `configure --with-pthreads'.  With that, we're able to
build Arla on Linux/390.

/assar