rpm install of arla 0.33.1

Stephen Adler adler at ssadler.phy.bnl.gov
Fri Jul 21 21:11:47 CEST 2000

This may not be the place to ask this question, but I thought I would
give it a try. I'm installing the 0.33.1 arla binaries on my redhat 6.2
system using the .rpm files which are found through links on the
arla web page. When I go to install the rpm's, I get the following
errors...

[root at ssadler arla]# rpm -ivh arla-*.rpm
file /usr/bin/mk_cmds from install of arla-0.33.1-1 conflicts with file from
package e2fsprogs-devel-1.18-5
file /usr/include/ss/ss.h from install of arla-devel-0.33.1-1 conflicts with
file from package e2fsprogs-devel-1.18-5
file /usr/lib/libss.a from install of arla-devel-0.33.1-1 conflicts with file
from package e2fsprogs-devel-1.18-5
file /usr/lib/libutil.a from install of arla-devel-0.33.1-1 conflicts with file
from package glibc-devel-2.1.3-15

I could just force the rpm's to install with the --force qualifier, but
before doing this, I was wondering if these conflicts are features or
a potential problem which could crop up down the road?

Cheers. Steve.