A problem with klog

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Mon Jan 24 15:59:42 CET 2000

I've been having a little problem with the klog command in
arla 0.29 and 0.30.  It can sometimes be reproduced on
some systems, but not all.  The problem is that sometimes
klog fails with the message that the kerberos principal has
expired.  You can get round this by using kinit and afslog.
(This is with arla linked to krb4-1.0.)

Secondly, I thought someone had patched klog to connect to
the ptserver and get the correct AFS user ID and store it in
the token, but this no longer seems to be working.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk