arlad: Cannot find the root volume (root.afs) in cell stacken.kth.se

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Mon Jan 17 19:31:26 CET 2000

>  Hello,
>
>  I'm playing around with the arla distribution (0.29.2 under Redhat Linux
>  6.1, kernel 2.2.12-20smp).
>    configure and make seem to work well, but when I try the arlad -t,
>  I get:
>
>  [erl at charango arla-0.29.2]# arlad/arlad -t
>  hipri was 3 actually 0
>  hipri was 3 actually 1

This looks like you compiled with pthreads. Don't.

There's some sort of bug which only appears to affect glibc 2.1 systems where
the pthreads wrapper doesn't work. It's not limited to the lwp pthreads
wrapper, either. We've gotten it to happen with other things. Sadly, no one
seems to have any idea what might have caused it, and I haven't yet had time to
delve into libc to find out what's really going on.

Just use the "native" lwp support.

-D