more milko fun :)

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Fri Feb 25 20:55:57 CET 2000

ben fleis <lbf at umich.edu> writes:

> first off, i've been doing websearching, and I can't actually figure out
> what this does.  second, and more important, it fails.  i've tried
> substituting both the name of the afs server and the name of the kdc for
> localhost, and here are the results.  gorge is the milko server,
> mobility is the kdc:

The ``vos createentry'' only creates an entry in the vldb, and doesn't
create a volume with the volser. This is since we haven't written a volser
yet.

> [gorge|arla/bin] sudo ./vos createentry -id root.afs -host localhost
> -fsserver localhost -part /vicepa -rw 3
> vos_createentry: error rxkad - Unknown key. (19270408)
>
> [gorge|arla/bin] sudo ./vos createentry -id root.afs -host gorge
> -fsserver gorge -part /vicepa -rw 3
> vos_createentry: error rxkad - Unknown key. (19270408)
>
> [gorge|arla/bin] sudo ./vos createentry -id root.afs -host mobility
> -fsserver mobility -part /vicepa -rw 3
> vos_createentry: error Unknown error 4294967295 (-1)

-host is the vldb-host you are supposed to create the entry on, -fsserver
is obviously the fileserver your volume will reside. Note that it only
adds the entry to the vldb-entry, it doesn't create the volume.

The problem is something with kerberos. Do you have the same version in
your ticketfile (klist -v) on the afs ticket as you have on your srvtab i
/usr/arla/etc (ksrvutil -f /usr/arla/etc/srvtab list).

If you start your vldb with -noauth you'll not have that security
"problem".