Linux sysname entries

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Tue Feb 15 23:55:17 CET 2000

"Krysak, Tony" <tony.krysak at lmco.com> writes:

> Differences between Pentium, K6/Athlon, and traditional i386
> architectures can cause instruction fault's when executing
> optimized code on slightly different CPU's.  We're using @sys
> to differentiate our lib & bin directories and I patch
> gensysname.c to add i686 and i586 architectures....maybe you'd
> like to incorporate this...

There is still different opinions in the development team. If you want to
change your sysname, with an --sysname=whatever to arlad or with ``fs
sysname''.

How many symlinks do you want to do ? Are you not sure you want something
smarter then just the sysname ? Like that you can configure it to try first
iN86 and then i386.

I personally think if we should change it to something at all, we should
change it to the same as transarc uses.