Problems with Linux 2.3.44 and glibc 2.1.3

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Mon Feb 14 13:02:28 CET 2000

I've just upgraded one machine to use glibc 2.1.3 and the kernel
linux-2.3.44.  When I try to compile arla-0.30 or arla-20000204 for
this, I get a problem in xfs/linux/xfs_inodeops.c, which looks
as though one of the kernel structures has changed in recent
kernel versions?

xfs_inodeops.c:250: warning initialization from incompatible pointer type
xfs_inodeops.c:253: excess elements in struct initialize
xfs_inodeops.c:253: warning: (near initialization for `xfs_file_inode_operations')

and eventually, after a lot of similar warnings,

xfs_inodeops.c: In function `xfs_readpage':
xfs_inodeops.c:1044: structure has no member named `readpage'

Am I correct in assuming that the bleeding edge just hasn't made
its way into arla yet?

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk