Bug in version 20000204

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Sun Feb 13 11:36:49 CET 2000

It was suggested that version 20000204 may fix some bugs in version
0.30, so I've been compiling it.  I noticed a small bug.

On my debian system, I have the readline includes in /usr/include/readline
and I have libreadline.so in /usr/lib.  If I just run 'configure',
it fails to find readline, even if I say explicitly

     --with-readline-include=/usr/include/readline \

So I tried specifying

     --with-readline-lib=/usr/lib

With this, configure finds readline, but the compilation of arlad
fails, because I suppose the inclusion of -L/usr/lib makes some
libraries on the system override some arla-supplied libraries.
I can get readline to be found and the compilation to succeed
if I specify

     --with-readline-lib=/

because the resulting '-L/' doesn't mess about with actual
library paths.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk