linux - arla

Camelia Botez camelia at wicc.weizmann.ac.il
Tue Feb 1 13:54:35 CET 2000

Camelia Botez

System Administrator
Weizmann Institute of Science - Physics Faculty
E-mail
camelia.botez at weizmann.ac.il
Phone 972-8-9343288
Fax   972-8-9344106 or 972-8-9344102

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, A.J.Martin wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Feb 2000, Camelia Botez wrote:
> >
> > mount -t xfs /afs/cern.ch/user/l/levinson /afs
> >

> try:
>
> mount -t xfs arla /afs
>
> your files should then appear under  /afs/cern.ch/user/l/levinson

Thank you but this was the first thing to do following the INSTALLATION
instructions and the result was the same (that's why I tried mount -t xfs
/afs/cern.ch/user/l/levinson /afs to see what happens).
Do you know by chance what is the implication of the firewall in afs
function.
Our computers are inseid firewall and it is possible that I don't get the
files because of the unopened ports.