linux - arla

Camelia Botez camelia at wicc.weizmann.ac.il
Tue Feb 1 12:06:41 CET 2000

Dear "LOVE" I followed the last instructions sent to me and I didn't get
anything new.
I reboot the linux computer and I run the following sequence of commands
from INSTALL file:

mknod /dev/xfs0 c 103 0
mknod:/dev/xfs0: File exists
insmod /usr/arla/bin/xfs.o
/usr/arla/bin/arlad
mount -t xfs /afs/cern.ch/user/l/levinson /afs

and after few minutes I get back the prompt like averything worked just
fine.
Now ls -l /afs gives me an empty directory.
If I try once again

mount -t xfs /afs/cern.ch/user/l/levinson /afs

I get the message:
mount:/afs/cern.ch/l/levinson already mounted or /afs busy
mount: according to mtab , /afs/cern.ch/user/l/levinson is already mounted
on /afs.
The /usr/arla/etc/ThisCell contains only
stacken.kth.se ( it is written in INSTALL file that If I'm not part of an
AFS cell I'll be able to run as a client-exactly what I need- in the cell
"stacken.kth.se" and access all cells from CellServDB - which contains
also 3 servers from cern- ).
I checked also the "afs"ports from cern to be sure that are the same.

Do you have any sugestions about how to continue to finaly get the /afs
files from cern ?

Camelia Botez

System Administrator
Weizmann Institute of Science - Physics Faculty
E-mail
camelia.botez at weizmann.ac.il
Phone 972-8-9343288
Fax   972-8-9344106 or 972-8-9344102