0.34 breaks setuid programs

Anthony Sheets sheets.5 at nd.edu
Wed Aug 30 18:38:47 CEST 2000

I have a quick question. I have downloaded various rpms and sources for
arla, both 0.33 and 0.34. The rpms seem to install flawlessly, but don't run
and the sources compile with errors. BTW I am running rh6.2 with the 2.2.14
kernel. I know very little about unix so I am sure to frustrate most of you.
First question is does the kernel need recompiled and dependencies made
after an rpm install of arla? If not is there any suggestions as to what the
problem may be? I have my time synched perfectly with my cell.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tony Sheets