Arla now running on NetBSD m68k

Christoph Wissing wissing at mail.desy.de
Fri Aug 25 10:55:48 CEST 2000

Hi Lex, hi Love,

just in case that you don't know each other:

Lex is taking care of the arla package in the NetBSD package distribution.
Love is one of the lead developers of arla.

The subject says all. I got arla running on my m68k Amiga with NetBSD
1.4.2. Independly you both suggested to compile a debug kernel. I had some
problems with that since in the config file for the amiga there is no
option 'makeoptions DEBUG="-g"'. But in the end I got a new kernel.

Furthermore Lex provided me a new version of the arla package which now
based on arla-0.34.1. To compile this version I had only one problem in
the directory lwp. If I skip the "%" in front of the register names I can
compile it. (I reported this problem and my solution(?) a few weeks ago to
"arla-drinkers".)

I am not sure about the debug features of my new kernel because the
xfs_mod module is now loadable without a crash. Even starting the arlad
after that works perfectly.

I personally guess that my problem was due the fact that I compiled arla
with the 1.4.1 kernel sources but running a 1.4.2 one. I am happy now to
have it running and don't plan to sort out what really was the problem.
Compiling a kernel or arla takes a complete evening, doing both needs half
a night...

Thank you to both of you for your interest, suggestions and contributions.

Cheers,

	Christoph