klog woes

Stephen Adler adler at ssadler.phy.bnl.gov
Mon Aug 21 16:09:35 CEST 2000

Arla drinkers,

I'm having a hard time getting klog to work in arla releases 0.33.1,
0.34.1 and 0.34.2. For some reason, I was able to perserve a klog
binary from what it claims to be arla version 0.33pre. It does properly
authenticate. Has anyone else had problems with klog 0.33.1, 0.34.1 or
0.34.2? Any hints on how to debug this problem without having to use
gdb?

Cheers. Steve.

-------------- on my PC with redhat 6.9.5 installed and arla 0.34.1 ------
[adler at ssadler adler]$ klog -version
klog: part of arla-0.34.1
[adler at ssadler adler]$ which klog
/usr/arla/bin/klog
[adler at ssadler adler]$ klog -version
klog: part of arla-0.34.1
[adler at ssadler adler]$ klog
adler at rhic's Password:
klog: Unable to authenticate to Kerberos: Password incorrect

--------- On a redhat 6.2 system with arla 0.33.1 rpm's installed --------
[adler at phyppro1 ~]$ which klog
/usr/bin/klog
[adler at phyppro1 ~]$ klog -version
klog: part of arla-0.33.1
[adler at phyppro1 ~]$ klog
adler at rhic's Password:
klog: Unable to authenticate to Kerberos: Password incorrect
[adler at phyppro1 ~]$

---------- on my redhat 6.9.5 running my 0.33pre klog binary--------

[adler at ssadler adler]$ ~/arla/klog -version
klog: part of arla-0.33pre
[adler at ssadler adler]$ ~/arla/klog
adler at rhic's Password:
[adler at ssadler adler]$ tokens

Tokens held by Arla:

User's (AFS ID 29472) tokens for afs at rhic [Expires Aug 22 11:32]
   --End of list--