./configure'ing arla cvs checkout...

Stephen Adler adler at ssadler.phy.bnl.gov
Fri Aug 18 20:29:50 CEST 2000

Magnus, thank you for point out that I'm a bad RTMF'er. In anycase,
I've done as you said and after excuting the 3 commands which lead
to building the ./configure script, I executed make. I got the
following error. This error has to do with the fact that ./configure
did not properly pick up the location of the kerberos include files.
One should see -I/usr/kerberos/include/kerberosIV -I/usr/kerberos/include
in the command line, but its not there. arla 0.34.1 does work tho. It looks
like the current version of arla in CVS has taken a step backward. In
anycase, the way for me to build a proper version of arla on my
redhat 7.0beta (pinstripe or Redhat 6.9.5) system is to untar the
arla-0.34.1 tar gz file, then replace the contents of lib/roken with
what I get from the CVS checkout. This does build a proper arla package
for me. So, my next step is to build a 0.34.1 rpm. I'm not sure what to
call it, I guess just arla-0.34.1? Cheers. Steve.

gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../../include -I./../../include -I. -I.  -g  -Wall
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wmissing-declarations
-Wnested-externs    acl_files.c
acl_files.c:54:17: krb.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [acl_files.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/arla/arla/lib/acl'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/arla/arla/lib'
make: *** [all] Error 1