problem compiling arla-0.34.1

Bernhard Mogens Ege bme at vision.auc.dk
Thu Aug 17 12:43:35 CEST 2000

> Bernhard Mogens Ege <bme at vision.auc.dk> writes:
>> gcc is version 2.96 (if it matters). Generally, I am using stuff from
>> rawhide, which might cause the problem. Retrying with kgcc
>> (egcs-2.91.66) solves the problem.
>>
>> Is this a gcc 2.96 bug or an arla assumption that doesn't hold?

> This is bug in the old libroken that we used, that is fixed in the current
> cvs-tree.

> Can you check the yourself (there is instructions on the website) or do you
> want a snapshot ?

> You'll need to build the kernel-module with the same gcc that you build the
> kernel with.

> Try runnig configure as this:

>   env KERNEL_CC=my-gcc-that-I-built-the-kernel-with ./configure

The kernel automatically finds kgcc and uses it, which is why I tried
it (and probably why it worked). I didn't write it, but I did a
CC=kgcc ./configure which worked.

If gcc-2.96 is working with the latest CVS, I will try it. I am
located behind a firewall, so it might not be possible. I'll try.

regards,

Bernhard Ege