Narrowing down the problem

maydin@us.ibm.com maydin at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 4 22:06:35 CEST 2000

Hi,

I narrowed my problem down to one file: krb5.conf.

I have my arla.conf CellServDB and ThisCell files set up properly.
I also have the krb.conf file the way it should be.
However, the first (RPM) arla install I had was on a machine with kerberos
5.  Btw, I got the RPMs from A.J.Martin's page linked from your page.
In kerberos 5, there is no krb.realms or any other file.  However there is
krb5.conf which I had to set up in order to get it working.  (And I
successfully had done about a month ago)
Here is the krb5.conf file I have in the linux machine that successfully
runs arla:
[logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]
 ticket_lifetime = 24000
 default_realm = APD.POK.IBM.COM

[realms]
APD.POK.IBM.COM = {
kdc = pafsdb1.pok.ibm.com:88
admin_server = pafsdb1.pok.ibm.com:749
default_domain = pok.ibm.com
}

[domain_realm]
 .example.com = EXAMPLE.COM
 example.com = EXAMPLE.COM

[kdc]
 profile = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

[pam]
 debug = false
 ticket_lifetime = 36000
 renew_lifetime = 36000
 forwardable = true
 krb4_convert = true

My question is where and in which files do I put all this information while
I am running kth-krb4?
the krb.conf files are the same for both versions as well as all the arla
configuration files?
I think my problem lies in finding how to tell this information to kth-krb4

Thank you for your help