arla daemon

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Fri Apr 28 16:54:43 CEST 2000

On Friday, April 28, 2000 4:48 PM +0200, Love <lha at stacken.kth.se> wrote:
+-----
| "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery at ece.cmu.edu> writes:
| > If there's only the BSD-rc.local-ish startarla script, copy it to
| > /sbin/init.d/arla and leave off the K??arla links; if there's a System
| > V-style one, create the K??arla links as well.
| >
| > An ideal SuSE-style Arla startup would always have the S* and K* links
in
| > place and would check for START_ARLA="yes" in /etc/rc.system, thus
| allowing  > Arla to be configured via YaST.
|
| Ok, cool do I need to do any more checks ot make it work with YaST ?
+--->8

No; and unfortunately, even that only buys you the ability to configure it
using the "edit rc.config" stuff.  YaST is a bit limited in that area.  But
rc.config has other benefits:  it's easy for me to maintain 50-100 SuSE
systems by tweaking rc.config via script and then running /sbin/SuSEconfig
to apply the changes.

| Is there a way to determin that this in fact is SuSE linux ? Like on
| redhat linux there is a /etc/redhat-release.
+--->8

/etc/SuSE-release
The first line is a banner; the second line contains a convenient variable
assignment for the system release.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]          allbery at ece.cmu.edu