Fwd: Re: arla daemon

Michael Hanke hanke at nada.kth.se
Fri Apr 28 16:37:11 CEST 2000

--
OK. Here is what I have running. I have a SuSE Linux 6.3 system. In the
directory /sbin/init.d, I have the following script (executable by root):

/sbin/init.d/arla:
#!/bin/sh
#
# $Id: arla.init.in,v 1.3 1999/08/14 02:54:34 lha Exp $
#
# A simple SYSV startup script to start/stop arla for Linux
#
# You must have a path that includes, insmod, mknod,
# chmod, mount, mkdir and arlad.
#
#  Modified for inclusion in the suse sysinit

.. /etc/rc.config

ARLABINDIR=/usr/arla/bin
CACHEDIR=/usr/arla/cache
PATH=$PATH:$ARLABINDIR
export PATH

if [ ! -f $ARLABINDIR/xfs.o -o ! -x $ARLABINDIR/arlad ]; then
    exit 1
fi

return=$rc_done
case "$1" in
    start)
        echo -n "Starting service arla"
        insmod $ARLABINDIR/xfs.o || return=$rc_failed
        sleep 1
        if [ ! -c /dev/xfs0 ] ; then
            rm -f /dev/xfs0
            mknod /dev/xfs0 c 103 0
            chmod 600 /dev/xfs0
        fi
        if [ ! -e $CACHEDIR ] ; then
            mkdir $CACHEDIR
            chmod 700 $CACHEDIR
            chown root $CACHEDIR
        fi
        startproc $ARLABINDIR/arlad -z || return=$rc_failed
        if [ ! -d /afs ] ; then
            mkdir /afs
        fi
        sleep 3
        echo -e "$return"
        return=$rc_done
        echo -n "Mounting AFS filesystem..."
        mount -t xfs arla /afs || return=$rc_failed
        echo -e "$return"
        ;;
    stop)
        echo -n "Unmounting AFS filesystem... "
        umount /afs || return=$rc_failed
        echo -e "$return"
        return=$rc_done
            echo -n "Stopping service arla... "
            killproc -TERM $ARLABINDIR/arlad || return=$rc_failed
            sleep 1
        rmmod xfs || return=$rc_failed
        echo -e "$return"
        ;;
    restart)
        $0 stop && $0 start || return=$rc_failed
        ;;
    status)
        echo -n "Checking for service arla..."
        checkproc $ARLABINDIR/arlad && echo OK || echo No process
        ;;
    *)
        echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|status}"
        exit 1
        ;;
esac

test "$return" = "$rc_done" || exit 1
exit 0

Note that the above is not configurable via SuSE's rc.config and/or Yast. I was
a little bit lazy.

Finally, the following symbolic links should be set in /sbin/init.d/rc2.d and
/sbin/init.d/rc3.d:

ln -s ../arla K36arla
ln -s ../arla S09arla

This should be all.

Greetings,

Michael

|  Michael Hanke                Royal Institute of Technology   |
|                               NADA                            |
|                               S-10044 Stockholm               |
|                               Sweden                          |
|  Visiting address:            Lindstedtsvaegen 3              |
|  Phone:                       + (46) (8) 790 6278             |
|  Fax:                         + (46) (8) 790 0930             |
|  Email:                       hanke at nada.kth.se               |
|                               na.mhanke at na-net.ornl.gov       |