FreeBSD 4.0/AXP

Todd Cohen cohentl at clarkson.edu
Wed Apr 19 19:04:32 CEST 2000

Thanks. Last time I tried loading the module it totally locked my box up..
I'll try getting the latest release I can find and compile it myself.

-Todd

 On 19 Apr 2000, Assar Westerlund wrote:

> Todd Cohen <cohentl at clarkson.edu> writes:
> > 	I installed arla 0.31 out of the ports collection in FreeBSD
> > 4.0/AXP and when I run startarla I get the following:
> >
> > lizard# startarla
> > No /dev/xfs0
> > lizard#
> >
> > How do I go about creating that device? Sorry for such a dumb question..
>
> It's not a dumb question at all.  The short answer (that you already
> got from Robert) is to create it manually.
>
> The long(er) story is that it used to get created automatically after
> having loaded the kernel module and thus figured out the major device
> number.  But for some reason, `kldload' never got the `-p' option
> (but see kern/9478).  Anyways, since we got assigned a major number
> and we use it statically, I added a `mknod' to the startarla.in
> script,  patch appended at the end.  Thanks for getting this
> fixed. :-)
>
> /assar

http://www.clarkson.edu/~cohentl
"Sometimes crazy things happen in circuits." - Muku, 1999
"The answers to lifes problems aren't at the bottom of bottles, they're on
 TV" - Homer J. Simpson