FreeBSD 4.0/AXP

Robert P Ricci ricci at eng.utah.edu
Tue Apr 18 01:39:27 CEST 2000

On FreeBSD/i386, I loaded the kernel module (ie. `kldload xfs`), then looked
at the output of 'dmesg' for a line like:

xfs cdev loaded at 128

(something like that, I don't have the exact line in front of me.) Now, go
to /dev and do a:

mknod xfs c 128 0

(Instead of 128, use whatever number you found from dmesg).

This may not be the best way to go about making the device, but it works
for me.

Thus spake Todd Cohen on Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 06:13:34PM -0400: