Pb xfs on linux 2.3.99-pre3

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Wed Apr 12 20:17:28 CEST 2000

You wrote to me about Arla:
> As far as my problem with linux 2.3.99-pre3 is concerned, using
> cvsweb I've seen that xfs_inodeops.c has been fixed to manage
> the lack of read_exec() in 2.3 kernel. But xfs_syscalls.c still
> has a call to open_dentry() which is no longer available.

Bummer :-( Can we get a word from the Linux expert? ;-)

You wrote to me about CVS:
> I'm having difficulties to checkout the current version of arla.
> My version of CVS is 1.10.8.
> The arla web page suggests an option -R for CVS but this option is
> not recognized.
> (...)

Stock CVS binaries want to lock the history file (which you can't as a
read-only user), but with a small patch (you find a link to it on the
web page) you can modify your CVS to ignore the locking. Sorry for the
inconvinience, CVS is stupid in this aspect. The patch gives you the
-R option.

Harald.