weirdo bug

Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Apr 5 14:05:52 CEST 2000

Assar> sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]) writes:
>> I'll try to do that.  As far as I know, XEmacs's unexelf.c is
>> identical to FSFmacs's.  However, my co-worker reports the problem
>> with the install'ed *copy* of the dumped Emacs, not with the dumped
>> executable itself.

Assar> Ok, I've tried installing emacs too, with /usr/bin/install.  And I
Assar> still get the same md5 sum on both the dumped and the installed
Assar> emacs.  From the FreeBSD host where I built and installed emacs and
Assar> another host.

Here, the problem is totally persistent.  I've placed the output of

ktrace ./temacs -nd -batch -l /afs/informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/home/sperber/build/xemacs-21.2/src/../lisp/loadup.el dump

at

http://www-pu.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/users/sperber/arla-xemacs-dump.out

Let me know if this helps ...

--