Arla 0.27 on S.u.S.E

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Wed Sep 29 11:44:13 CEST 1999

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 04:41:01AM +0200, Love wrote:
> Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk> writes:
> > I managed to get arla 0.27 compiled and running on a S.u.S.E. 6.1
> > system, though configure failed to recognise that readline was
> > installed, and the resulting make failed when trying to use
> > editline.
>
> What was the errors when failing to find readline ?

It seems that the test program fails, because libreadline requires
both -lreadline and -lncurses.

> What was whe errors releasted to editline ?

editline.o(.text+0x2220): undefined reference to `tgetent'
editline.o(.text+0x2238): undefined reference to `tgetstr'
editline.o(.text+0x2247): undefined reference to `tgetnum'
editline.o(.text+0x2256): undefined reference to `tgetnum'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> > worked.  I can now see my local cell's files.  But I cannot
> > authenticate.  I have
> >
> >      nm-> klog zlsiial
> >      zlsiial at mcc.ac.gb's Password:
> >      klog: Unable to get an AFS token: Can't get inter-realm
> >           ticket granting ticket (get_ad_tkt)
> [...]
> > Why does the klog (the one which comes with arla 0.27) think it
> > needs an inter-realm ticket?  Incidentally arla was compiled
> > and linked with kth kerberos snapshot 19990620.
>
> If you put a break a krb_afslog_uid what arguments do you get ?

I'm a little hampered here, since it's not my machine, and the
owner doesn't have gcc on it.  I put some debugging statements
around the call to krb_afslog_uid, and I get this:

     ./klog zlsiial
     zlsiial at mcc.ac.gb's Password:
     Cell = mcc.ac.gb, realm = MCC.AC.GB, afsid = 102
     rc from krb_afslog_uid = 72
     klog: Unable to get an AFS token: Can't get inter-realm
          ticket granting ticket (get_ad_tkt)

The cell, realm, and AFS user id are all correct.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk