Arla 0.27 on S.u.S.E

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 28 12:04:44 CEST 1999

I managed to get arla 0.27 compiled and running on a S.u.S.E. 6.1
system, though configure failed to recognise that readline was
installed, and the resulting make failed when trying to use
editline.  I edited config.status to change INCLUDE_readline to
nothing and LIB_readline to '-lreadline -lncurses', and that
worked.  I can now see my local cell's files.  But I cannot
authenticate.  I have

     nm-> klog zlsiial
     zlsiial at mcc.ac.gb's Password:
     klog: Unable to get an AFS token: Can't get inter-realm ticket granting
          ticket (get_ad_tkt)
     nm-> cat /etc/krb.conf
     MCC.AC.GB
     MCC.AC.GB ice.mcc.ac.uk admin server
     MCC.AC.GB rock.mcc.ac.uk admin server
     MCC.AC.GB snow.mcc.ac.uk admin server
     nm-> cat /etc/krb.realms
     mcc.ac.gb       MCC.AC.GB
     .mcc.ac.gb      MCC.AC.GB
     nm-> cat /usr/arla/etc/ThisCell
     mcc.ac.gb

Why does the klog (the one which comes with arla 0.27) think it
needs an inter-realm ticket?  Incidentally arla was compiled
and linked with kth kerberos snapshot 19990620.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk