kth-krb 0.10.1 and arla -- Part II

Jack Neely jjneely at eos.ncsu.edu
Sat Sep 18 09:01:32 CEST 1999

Of course I send the e-mail without giving all the infomation so here's
another.

What caused the oops you might ask.  Well after compiling krb0.10.1 and
arla and installing them both and checking the configuration I ran arla in
test mode.  Worked great.  Started arla like normal.  I have a sym link in
my home dir to my home dir in AFS space and sometimes it takes ls a few
second to see that my home dir in AFS exists so it known what color to
make the sym link.  I did an ls and it just stopped.  ^C gave no responce.
I supect (as it has happened before) that ls was stuck in the D state.
Now here's the wierd part.  I go to another terminal to check on my stuck
ls and do a ps ax.  My kernel oopes, ps segfaults.  Run top: oops and
segfault.  Run w: oops and segfault.  It seems to be the same oops.  I
have a syslog full of 'em if you'd like to look.

Re-install Arla 0.26.  [Repeat above paragraph.]

Any ideas?

Jack Neely

--
Jack Neely  AKA  C4Man  AKA  The QuackMaster
E-mail:		jjneely at eos.ncsu.edu
Home Page:	http://www.ac.net/~hneely
		http://quackmaster.net
ICQ UIN: 	3738590

Current Project: The NC State Linux Video Project
		http://prisant.ncsu.edu/~neely