Odd bug in arla-0.27 on linux (i386) 2.2.12

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz+ at cmu.edu
Tue Sep 7 19:47:50 CEST 1999

>> Should it?  If it doesn't, then shouldn't the other arla commands
>> work by cheking for tokens rather than tickets?  Otherwise, shouldn't
>> the arla klog get kerberos tickets as well as tokens?
>
> I think it should get tickets and tokens. The tools in arla should check
> for both tickets and tokens (in that order). We want to keep compability
> with the transarc tools. The general idea is to be better.

.. without being incompatible.  Transarc's "klog" doesn't mess with your
ticket file unless you tell it to.  Besides being "compatible", this is
also "right" -- klog has no business messing with my ticket file (unless,
perhaps, I tell it to).

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+ at cmu.edu>
   Sr. Research Systems Programmer