No /dev/xfs0

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Thu Oct 28 00:00:39 CEST 1999

Scott Stonefield <srs at unx.sas.com> writes:

> Ed,
> 	I had the same problem.  It was hard to find but you need to
> create the device your self.  The device major number was 128, but
> from what I under stand that may not always be the case.
>
> the make node command.
>
> mknod xfs0 c 128 0

On systems that use module system the device is created by the shellscript
xfs_makedev when running modload (from startarla).

Now FreeBSD uses kld, and there is no such thing in the kld system that
freebsd uses. Assar wrote a patch for it and submitted it the FreeBSD gnats
system (kern/9478). I don't know if there have happend anything after that.

We have been allocated (but I never found the file that say that in the
tree) cdev 128 by the freebsd people, guess we should use it more actively.