milko

Scott Smith scott at lackluster.net
Sun Oct 10 11:07:34 CEST 1999

OK, I've gotten arlad working on two machines so far (NetBSD/sparc and
Solaris/sparc) with the public AFS cell stacken.kth.se.  I set up my own
private cell using milko and am getting some errors from both
machines when I try to access /afs after starting arlad

In /usr/arla/etc/CellServDB I appended

>lackluster.net
10.1.255.3

In /usr/arla/etc/ThisCell I put `lackluster.net'.  After doing that I
started vldbserver and fileserver..then started arlad ont he client, did
``ls /afs'' and got ->

Sun Oct 10 01:56:28 1999: arlad: Cannot find any db servers in cell
226(lackluster.net)
Sun Oct 10 01:56:28 1999: arlad: Cannot find the root volume (root.afs) in
cell lackluster.net

I didn't see anything similar to this in the list archives..what am I
missing?

Thanks for the help, I look forward to getting milko working.

Scott

scott at lackluster.net
http://www.lackluster.net/

                 ~ I had a dream I was a vigilante's sidekick ~