Arla 0.27 on NetBSD/sparc

Scott Smith scott at lackluster.net
Sat Oct 9 10:50:05 CEST 1999

Hi, I've been trying to get Arla 0.27 to work on NetBSD/sparc release
1.4.1.  I've built and installed kth-krb4 and successfully built and
installed Arla.  However when I try to modload the xfs module I get this:

kremlin# ./startarla
modload: can't reserve memory: Operation not permitted
mount_xfs: mount: Operation not supported by device

So I try building the xfs filesystem into my kernel.  It builds, and I
reboot with my new kernel.  So then I try ``mount -t xfs /dev/xfs0 /afs''
(I symlinked mount_xfs to /usr/sbin) and I get Operation not supported by
device.  I understand that this is probably because /dev/xfs0 has the
wrong major number.  How do I find out what major number to use if I'm not
using modload?  I tried enabling debugging by changing the x()'s to X() in
that one xfs .c file (forget the name) and rebuilt xfs and rebuilt a
kernel with the module but I see nothjing in dmesg or /var/log/messages.

Help?

Thanks,
Scott

scott at lackluster.net
http://www.lackluster.net/

                 ~ I had a dream I was a vigilante's sidekick ~